Freedom

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

TRUSTING GOD

TRUSTING  GOD.

What does it mean to trust God?   Is it a knowledge that God is able to do more than you can ever imagine?   Is it a feeling that brings comfort, understanding that the God you believe in, loves you and takes care of you?    Does trusting God mean I must do nothing, or is it me doing my part and God doing His?   Can it be that trusting my Saviour is saying one thing, believing something else and finding the middle way that harmonized the sense I can make between my own capabilities and God's abilities.? 

In the darkest time of my life God has taught me that trusting my Saviour is so much than a knowledge, a scripture verse, a prayer, an understanding, a wish, a faith, and whatever else I can think of to describe it.   God has taught me through his divine revelation that trusting him means not understanding or being able to make any sense of the future, my own failures, my own dashed dreams and human failure and fears.   Trusting in God is understanding that in the midst of trouble , in the midst of the valley experience, in the middle of the battle , during the darkest night, in the whirlpool of absolute and devastating despair, God picks me up, puts me into  his very presence, shrouds me with his peace and tells me:  "My child, come into my rest....give over completely....resign to the knowledge that you can do nothing to change anything...your only solace, weapon, comfort, is prayer and trust. 

Trusting Jesus has made me realize that when there is nothing that I can do, I should completely give over to him.  I can safely put my future,  my shortcomings and  my incapability in changing anything, over to him.   It means having peace midst the storm.   Sleeping soundly when everything around me has crushed me.  It is having a hope beyond human understanding.   It is having a song in my heart and joy in my soul of knowing the One who knows and holds tomorrow, the Only One who has planned for tomorrow, has put things in place.    When I accept that  only the one who holds the future and my very sanity, is in control of my life.   It is understanding that because He is my Father and I am his child, he wishes only the best for me and that during troubled times, I am never separated from his love.   I can merely  watch as a spectator how wonderfully

God unfolds His love and plans. 

Trusting God means that some time, I don't know when, God will make all my dreams, hopes and aspirations come true.    It is waiting expectantly and with anticipation for the day when I can dance in His presence, praise his Holy Name and fall down at his feet, worship him and shout:
"Praise to the One and Only God of my heart".
 

No comments:

Post a Comment