Freedom

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Good bye too soon


                                
I love poetry and here is one born in the stillness of the night when I was desperate for some sleep.
A tiny cell hangs in the balance of being rejected or fused with its counterpart. Filled with nucleus of possibilities it merges and creates the fusion of two into heartbeats and chromosomes. Life burst forth in that one moment and heaven stops to celebrate the one who created life. Its birth is noted and heaven bursts into outrageous celebration of the extension of what is, but will not last forever.

Alive one day,  stagnant the next. Wish I could know your moment of stillness when your heartbeat ceased is fast paced hold onto life.   I would have held my breath and whispered a prayer as you spread your eternal wings never to die again.


I was denied your journey into fullness, but celebrate your journey into wholeness. Your brief existence will forever burn in my heart, inseparable from who I am and from who I thought you might be.    Sadness encircles the day, second and minute you took the  flight into the light where you are still loved and now live content.

Your heart was never meant to beat in this world but the rhythm of its song will sing its eternal harmony  is etched out on the memories of my heart.    My eyes could never gaze into yours, nor yours into mine, but your gaze behold wonders of what is to remain for awhile still a mystery to those who loved you and waited in vain.

So  sing your song little seed, sing it well and teach us how to love and to shine when clouds are low.    Life can sometimes be brief and each second of measured heartbeats must live out its purpose here below.    What your purpose was  to be,  was denied to those who eagerly awaited your burst into life.   


No comments:

Post a Comment